Elbow pain can arise from overuse, trauma, or degenerative changes. The elbow is a hard-working joint and can cause widespread pain limiting the functionality of your entire arm. Regardless of the cause, Sport Ortho Urgent Care is prepared with highly trained orthopedic providers to help reveal the underlying cause for your elbow pain, and establish a care plan to help restore normal function.
What are common elbow conditions treated by Sport Ortho Urgent Care?
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Golfers elbow (medial epicondylitis)
- Olecranon bursitis
- Biceps rupture
- Ulnar collateral ligament injury
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Pediatric and adult fractures
- All of our Sport Ortho facilities are equipped with on-site digital x-ray to help quickly diagnose and treat your elbow pain. After establishing a diagnosis, your provider will create an individualized treatment plan which may include one or more of the following treatment modalities:
- RICE – rest, ice, compression, elevation
- Casting, bracing, or splinting
- Corticosteroid injections
- Physical therapy
- Immobilization with a sling
- After establishing a diagnosis of your elbow condition, your provider will inform you if surgical intervention may be necessary. If so, your provider will discuss your options with you.