Wrist and hand pain can occur for different reasons, either chronically over time due to an underlying condition, or acutely due to injury. Either way, it is important to enlist the help of an orthopedic provider to help establish a care plan, allowing you to find relief and prevent further damage. At Sport Ortho Urgent Care, our team handles all types of wrist and hand injuries frequently. With on-site digital xray, casting, and splinting, we are able to quickly diagnose and treat your wrist condition.
What are common wrist and hand conditions treated by Sport Ortho Urgent
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- TFCC tear (triangular fibrocartilage complex)
- Pediatric and adult fractures
- Ganglion cysts
- De Quervainâ€™s Tenosynovitis
- Finger Dislocations
- Sprains & Strains
- Once your provider has established the underlying cause of your wrist or hand pain, they may recommend one or more of the following treatment modalities:
- RICE therapy: rest, ice, compression, elevation
- Casting, bracing, or splinting
- Corticosteroid injections
- Physical therapy
- Each treatment plan is individualized based on your specific diagnosis. In some cases, you may require surgery, which your provider will discuss with you. All of our clinics are prepared with highly trained orthopedic providers to diagnose, treat, and remedy your wrist or hand condition.