Your shoulder is capable of a wide range of motion, allowing you the ability to throw a ball, scratch your back, or pick up your child. However, when pushed beyond its limits, the shoulder can feel weak, unstable, and limit you from your normal daily activities. Whether it’s an acute injury or a chronic condition that is hindering you, our experienced orthopedic providers are ready to help diagnose and treat your condition so you can get back to your everyday activities.
What are common shoulder conditions treated by Sport Ortho Urgent
- Strain or sprain
- Rotator cuff tear
- Labrum tear
- Pediatric and adult fractures
- Scapula winging
- Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
- Using a combination of advanced on-site digital imaging and your personal history, our highly trained orthopedic staff will help develop an individualized care plan that may include one or more of the following treatment modalities:
- RICE – rest, ice, compression, elevation
- Immobilization with a sling
- Corticosteroid injections
- Physical therapy
- Certain shoulder injuries may require further intervention with surgical measures. If this is necessary for your recovery, your orthopedic provider will discuss your options with you.